Zoho CRM | February 27, 2020, By Bob Ritter.
Zoho Analytics (ZA) is a reporting and analysis tool that is a part of the Zoho family, which has over 45 business applications. It can be purchased by itself for as little as $22 per month for 2 users and $45 per month for 5 users, enabling you to work with up to 1 million rows of data. ZA is included with CRM.
2019 was a busy year for the developers of Zoho Analytics. Zoho’s prolific development team is heavily investing time in improving and adding features to Zoho Analytics because they know that the value of CRM data rests with its usage in:
# Understanding your market and your customers
# Better managing your organization based on objective information
# Making better decisions
Zoho Analytics is a world-class enterprise-level tool that is so intuitive and user-friendly that it can be used by small organizations that do not have a database analyst.
1. Country-specific map charts and multiple lookup columns for joining tables added
2. Zoho Projects and Zoho Bugtracker connectors enhanced
3. Bubble Pie, butterfly chart, and new combination charts and social media widget for private views added
4. Themes, airport IATA codes and country maps added in Geo Maps
5. Connectors added for 10+ cloud databases.
6. YouTube Analytics and Facebook Competitive Analytics enhanced
7. Geo Heat Map introduced and Australian Data Centers launched
8. Dashboard quick edit, export reports, and layout options introduced
9. Emails made DMARC compliant and new palettes added for charts
10. Data snapshots added and dependency details for Views introduced
11. A new version of Zoho Analytics mobile app launched
12. Shopify, Zoho Inventory and Subscriptions get advanced analytics
Zoho Analytics can analyze data from a wide range of relational databases like MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Maria DB, Amazon Aurora, Pervasive SQL, Sybase, DB2, Exasol, Vertica, Actian Vector, Greenplum, Denodo, DB2-AS/400, MS Access, SQLite, Firebird, JDBC Driver Supported Databases, and the private cloud. The data can be automatically imported at periodic intervals. Or an organization can use an independent utility called Zoho Databridge to automatically bridge your local source to Zoho Analytics.
Since most business applications (e.g. accounting, ERP and CRM, etc) use one of those databases, Zoho Analytics can be used with many software programs that organizations are already using today.
Zoho Analytics will help you monitor every aspect of your sales cycle, from lead analytics to deal insights, from activity stats, email analytics, to creating customized dashboards with analytical widgets for sales, such as charts, target meters, KPIs, and funnels. With ZA managers, you can make data-driven decisions with objective and actionable intelligence.
Analytics doesn’t just stop with your sales process. Marketing and customer service teams can benefit from this tool as well. In fact, your entire organization can take advantage of Zoho’s analytics software.
First Direct Corp. can help you get started with Zoho Analytics and Zoho CRM. Sign-up for a free trial. Or contact us to arrange a demonstration or simply a discussion about Zoho Analytics. Call us at (845) 221-3800 today.